IED, International Prime Brokerage - Product Development, Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
Prime brokerage sits within the Sales and Trading organization and comprises part of the Equity division. For more than 30 years, Morgan Stanley has led the industry and set the standard for excellence in prime brokerage. Our large market share not only testifies to the value we provide, it also gives us the industry insight and experience to serve our clients better.
Moreover, we are consistently rated Number One across a broad range of services. Our proprietary technology and shared platforms increase efficiency at every stage of the trading cycle. Client service representatives focus on adding value and Morgan Stanley’s flexible, customizable portfolio analytics accommodate clients’ unique requirements.
Our ultimate goal is to help our clients succeed. We provide access to the full breadth of the Morgan Stanley franchise, connecting clients to a wide range of expertise, from innovative investment ideas to new sources of capital. In addition, our worldwide presence allows us to devote global resources to fully address client goals and objectives.
The Product Development team works closely with all teams within the prime brokerage unit. The aim of the team is quite simply to solve problems both for our clients and internally. The team will be responsible for the delivery of initiatives to increase revenues and reduce costs and risks, with a view of maintaining the Morgan Stanley prime Brokerage edge.
The product development analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of initiatives. These activities will include consulting with clients on the existing prime brokerage platform, understanding client requirements, identifying internal and external drivers of change (such as regulation) and engaging with senior business management to understand the strategic direction of the business. Ultimately the individual will be required to fully understand the challenges, identify and document the solutions, gain consensus, drive through the change and then ensure return on the investment. These initiatives could be regional or global in nature.
- Knowledge of the Prime Brokerage business.
- Knowledge of hedge funds, the industry, and common hedge fund strategies.
- Knowledge of the broader asset management industry.
- Knowledge of Cleared OTC, Listed Derivatives, clearing flows, and clearing market infrastructure such as central counterparties and middleware providers.
- Knowledge of a broad range of asset classes, preferably including some of the following: equities, fixed income, FX, Government repos, asset swaps (credit, interest-rate and equity), and other equity-related securities.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information.
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognise and interpret commercial opportunities.
- Good organisational and time management skills plus the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and the ability to clearly articulate complex situations often to senior client contacts or managers.
- A high degree of self-motivation and a desire to get a job done as accurately and efficiently as possible.
- Good relationship building and management skills.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employeesFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.