Product Development: Workflow
Morgan Stanley Fund Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, which administers over $500 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by more than 750 professionals based in New York, London, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hong Kong.
The Product Development team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) works with the business to establish the overall strategy and priorities for the technology products and platforms. Based on this, the Product Development team creates product plans including high-level business requirements, cost analysis, benefits definition, and an overall go-to-market rollout plan. The ream then leads the testing of the product and execution of the rollout plan, along with the handover to business unit once complete.
This candidate requires proven analytical skills, demonstrated capability of capturing complex business requirements and transforming them into accurate and precise functional technical specifications with use cases capable of interpretation by both technical and non-technical readers. This candidate must have the ability to maintain deliverables to schedule, ability to adapt to changes in requirements and priorities and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
This candidate will work closely with the business unit to manage and implement the direction and priorities of the Workflow platform. They will be responsible for gathering detailed user requirements for the IT development teas, facilitating design reviews with business and management of the overall rollout including requirement and user testing in all environments (QA/UAT/Production), Global staff training and final delivery. This role also includes being an escalation point for user support for the team’s products, ability to track client issues and feedback and working with the business to prioritise post implementation issues and enhancement requests. This candidate would be required to co-ordinate between the business, developer, and other product development teams across global locations.
- Strong Business Analyst Skills
- Strong Communication and Project Management understanding including analytical and problem-solving skills
- Visual modelling skills
- Documentation, Specification and Technical writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a focused globally distributed team.
Skills / Qualifications Desired:
- Technical knowledge of business process management platforms and tools
- Experience in business process improvement, streamlining, and automation
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund Industry ad accounting fund administration business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint
- Knowledge of Business and IT ticketing systems (JIRA / Service now)
- Understanding and experience of agile delivery methodology
- Interest in user experience (UX) and design.