Associate Partner, Global Compliance and Reporting (TARAS) - Open to flexible working
Our specialised Tax Accounting and Risk Advisory Services (TARAS) team deliver large and complex tax accounting services, delivering quality and tax technical excellence to our clients. The team focus on a variety of projects such as delivering fully outsourced tax accounting services, Group reporting, advisory and large tax audits.
By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies and cutting-edge tax technologies they work with a wide range of large and complex multinational companies, (predominantly FTSE and significant inbound businesses) to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Due to significant growth following a number of high profile client wins we are looking for an experienced and driven Associate Partner in our Midlands team. The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most exciting clients in the market to help support them as they navigate an ever increasingly complex tax environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, both existing and new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex compliance and reporting engagements as well as the delivery of any related consulting projects
- Providing exceptional client service with responsibility for quality provided
- Working collaboratively with other tax specialist teams
- Grow networks and relationships internally
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Lead team initiatives, covering all aspects of leading a successful team
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent tax accounting skills and knowledge of accounting standards
- UK and Group reporting experience
- Strong audit of tax background, the experience of leading audits for a variety of clients
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to deliver complex advisory projects
- Knowledge of tax process improvement controls design, and improvement
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from practice or from an in-house tax background
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion, and exhibit strong stakeholder management
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to create and sustain effective teams
- Experience in coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.