Analyst - Manage HC Inventory
Principal Accountabilities and Key ChallengesAccounting and Reporting
- Ensure that all request are approved, reviewed and updated into system according to agreed timeline.
- Execute and ensure timely completion of all the activities of the Stock Valuation & Margin Segmentation Team including the running of stock valuation programs at month end, which includes FIFO, NRV, CCS, COGS, GINI and GRANI
- Complete SOAR balance sheet recons and update status on a monthly basis in MOE
- Capture manual journal entries in GSAP R/3
- Validate that all movement transactions which have physically taken place have been accurately and completely recorded in the system before stocks are reconciled.
- Validate if discrepancies exist, that they are being investigated and resolved on timely basis.
- Reconcile book vs physical stocks on regular basis, and on time for period end close.
- Obtain and validate the following in Third Party operated depots/Exchange locations/pipelines: Shell daily throughput figures, Gain/loss figures as agreed with 3rd parties, Shell physical stock information for period end stock reconciliation
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies with figures from 3rd party operated depots, including stock differences outside of tolerance.
- Post any final stock differences within allowed tolerance to the appropriate gain/loss accounts in accordance to the Manual of Authorities (MoA), in compliance with GSAP and SOX 404 guidelines.
- Prepares overview of losses & gains for approval.
- Perform and support daily operations of the Hydrocarbon teams in Contracts & Pricing
- Operate Hydrocarbon Management Accounts Payable and Receivable processes
- Ensure that all payments and receipts are made in accordance with relevant contracts.
- Verify Hydrocarbon invoices and sent for further processing. Troubleshoot issues relating to HM payments and receivables.
- Undertake Intercompany payments/receivables specific to HM
- Ensure timely submission of reports or commentaries required for listed companies
- Ensure strict compliance with payment/receipt deadlines.
- Work closely with the HM Contracts and Pricing team, Stock Recording and Reconciliation team, Trading and Supply and the Payment team.
- Prepare manual journal entries in accordance to FCM controls
- Reconciliation of relevant accounts using Blackline tool. Execution RDS / FCM controls per controls role mapping requirements.
- To ensure timely and accurate deliveries of team’s KPIs
- Ensure compliance with all Global standards and streamline policies (i.e. OMP policies and IFRS standards)
- Identify and understand key components/movements in Inventories GL and key contract details updated in the system (e.g. fixed price/ formula price).
- Do “hands on” to investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Understand and implement the corresponding financial controls associated with the process to mitigate financial reporting risks
- Ensure timely storage of evidence on task carried out in Global Records Management System.
- Work closely with the HM Stock Recording team, depot and refinery staff, and Supply Operations.
- Provide information to direct stakeholders timely, accurately, and professionally
- Identify and assist in developing solutions for issues identified for operating units in scope of role
- Apply ESSA (Eliminate, Simplify, Standardize, Automate) mindset to drive process simplification and improvement
- Strong financial background and understanding of internal controls
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, preferably with professional certification (i.e. ACCA/CIMA/CPA, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in any Accounting-related field. (Understanding of SAP is an added advantage)
- Strong adherence to processes, policies, and procedures
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and inquisitive mindset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Understanding of product measurement and accounting practices, inventory management, costing and impact on stock valuations is an added advantage
- Capable of working under pressure and highly driven to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate business and process knowledge
- Ability to speak, read & write for both English and Chinese.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia