Tax Reporting & Dividend Distributions Consultant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Fund Reporting department in Luxembourg is managing the processes of financial, tax and regulatory reporting. These services involve the management of offshore services, service providers and the coordination of interaction with fund auditors and tax advisors. The team also manages the calculation of fund distributions and the production of daily tax figures. This open post is within the tax and dividend distributions services team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing multicultural team and company, and to help shape and influence the future operating model of the team with terrific opportunities for self-development and career advancement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the delivery of daily tax figures, periodic tax reporting and dividend distributions for funds administered.
- Supporting the analysis and implementation of changes in services required by regulatory or legal changes. Working with the product management teams, IT and business analysts in planning and executing solutions so that changes in mandatory data are available in time.
- Coordination with the reporting team and with the other teams in the fund administration and transfer agency to ensure smooth delivery of client services.
- Cooperation and support for client service teams in responding to client queries.
- Managing the delivery of services including:
- Execution and control of the dividend distribution process;
- Timely and accurate delivery of daily and period data for production and reporting;
- Timely identification of changing tax reporting requirements and cooperation with the Product team in the definition of the adequate operational response;
- Coordination with internal and external parties ensuring that reports comply with legal requirements in terms of data content, layout and timing.
- Support of the management of incoming requests from fund auditors, distribution partners, fund promoters with the teams responsible for the responses
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Relevant educational background
- Good knowledge of fund accounting and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of GP3 software an advantage.
- Extensive experience in a similar position in a large fund admin in Luxembourg or Dublin, Manco or Big 4.
- Good knowledge of the fund administration processes, including distribution and investor related tax requirements.
- Strong Accounting knowledge and very good command of MS Excel required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, providing solutions & following through for day to day challenges .
- Strong analytical, organisation and coordination skills.
- A very good command of English is essential. Knowledge of German/French is an asset.
- Experience on tax related topics for the below jurisdictions would be ideal: Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and UK.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.