Alpha Service Delivery - SSGA Port Admin, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with Clients, SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients. The Alpha Portfolio Services team is responsible for ensuring the Investment book of records is accurately maintained and ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms. The role will interact with the Clients (predominantly Front Office) and being a key liaison with various portfolio managers and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role will need to initiate and develop good communication and interpersonal relationship with Front Office/Portfolio Managers’ teams and to maintain the high level of service that is currently being provided to all the clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Service Delivery – SSGA Port Admin you will
- Liaise directly with front office
- Assist Portfolio Manager on all queries
- Liaise with multiple external and internal parties
- Review of various control reports eg reconciliation, material breaks and others to ensure the health of client’s portfolios are maintained.
- Complete Month End processing cycle which include full portfolio reconciliations, performance calculation and client reporting
- Complete client specific reporting requirements
- Managing relationships with all interested parties
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Coordinate, handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of financial services
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- You will have a proven track record of meeting service level expectations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate level or above
- Minimum 12 months Portfolio Administration experience from either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.