Corporate Tax Associate
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom; Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom; Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom; Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
About the firm
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer brilliant career paths to our staff.
Our Southern Region Region Corporate Tax Team services clients across a broad range of business types and sectors and is growing. We work with companies ranging from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups, managing their tax affairs on the compliance side while also having the opportunity to manage any advisory matters that arise. We work closely with colleagues across the firm to provide a joined-up service to companies and groups of companies, combining expertise in accounting, audit and all relevant taxes.
About the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of our growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Corporate Tax Associate based near one of our Southern Region offices, such as Guildford, Reading, Basingstoke or Southampton. You will be looking for an environment where you will have opportunity to accelerate your knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
The Corporate Tax Associate will be an integral part of a high-performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, expanding and entrepreneurial companies and their owners who operate in a range of sectors, such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few.
- Being an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, fast growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners, as well as larger corporates and international clients who operate in a range of sectors.
- Being a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore becoming a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- Maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the firm’s capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Working closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients and addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Supporting with the delivery of value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Liaising regularly with colleagues in other departments to assist them in providing a high quality service to their clients and identifying tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- Embracing the mindset of continual improvement in your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients and your own personal development.
About the ideal candidate
- ATT qualified or ACA, ACCA or CTA part-qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.