Alpha Client Solutions Data Architect, State Street Alpha, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The State Street Alpha team is seeking a highly qualified data architect to assume a role in our Alpha APAC client solutions team. The selected individual would have responsibility for leading client demonstrations, presentations, proof of concept exercises, client solutioning, and other pre-sales activities. The Alpha Client Solutions Data Architect will act as a subject matter expert on the Alpha product with a focus on delivering exceptional data focused solutions to our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Client Solutions Data Architect you will
- Present and demonstrate capabilities of State Street’s Alpha product
- Quickly map client’s needs to Alpha capabilities to define client solution, bring gaps and new product ideas back to Alpha product team
- Assist front line sales teams in delivering the Alpha value proposition message to new and existing STT clients
- Apply in depth knowledge of both technical and operational details of front office, middle office, and data management to create client solutions, and the ability to explain solutions and value propositions to clients
- Effectively transfer all the knowledge and information acquired during deal phase to Alpha implementation team
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to interact with external and internal clients during the sales process – specifically CIO, CRO, CTO roles and their directs
- Bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm, ability to generate excitement about Alpha with our prospects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and thorough with granular attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment, secure team and stakeholder buy-in, and motivate team to accomplish goals and objectives
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or Accounting
- 10-12 years experience directly supporting one or more front or middle office activity – data management, trading, compliance, performance & attribution, risk, post-trade lifecycle support, etc.
- Direct experience in client facing sales process with C-Suite stakeholders
- Knowledge of front and middle office technology. CRD, BRS, Thinkfolio, SCD, Markit EDM, Eagle Pace, etc.
- Detailed understanding of different investment data components and their interaction. Security master, trade, positions, analytics, performance, attribution, risk etc.
- Knowledge of data vendor’s (e.g. Bloomberg, IDC, RIMES). and their strengths and weaknesses
- Prior experience with State Street is a plus
Ability to travel within APAC
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.