Senior Administrator X 2 (Private Equity)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a large PE client and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met.
You will be working as a key senior member within the investor administration team whilst providing additional support to the wider team that administers a large secondary fund client with an active investment portfolio.
Key components of the role include liaising with internal teams and the Investment Advisor, completion of cash management tasks, completion of all aspects of investor administration and dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise, all within scheduled timeframes and ensuring that all client KPIs are met. This will also include the expectation of achieving signatory status once the probationary period is complete.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a premier client service by building strong relationships with the Investment Advisor and any other third parties;
- Developing a thorough knowledge of your client and their bespoke requirements with regards to key processes;
- Working closely with the client to resolve queries;
- Working with other teams within NT to ensure delivery of client deliverables;
- To have a good understanding of fund administration business.
- Undertaking a daily cash management process in line with a cash management policy and actioning ad-hoc cash management items as and when they arise;
- Processing and self-reviewing FXs, as needed;
- Processing invoices on the client’s bespoke system;
- Arranging for amendments to loan facilities, as required;
- Completion of client monies and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking the investor call/distribution process from end to end;
- Completion of the investor transfer process;
- Processing investor contact and bank detail updates;
- Monitoring of investor audit confirmations;
- Dealing with investor tax reporting;
- Dealing with fund closings.
- Monitoring mailboxes, completing tasks assigned by the team leader or other senior team members;
- Perform reviews of junior team members work;
- Support other team members with workloads and rotate tasks on a regular basis.
Company Secretarial Knowledge:
- Attending meetings with directors and writing minutes timely including self-review;
- Assisting the client and lawyers with the formation and set-up of special purpose vehicles;
- Adhering to constitutional documentation for ongoing entity operations;
- Ensuring that you comply with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies.
Risk Management & Efficiencies:
- To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient;
- Ensuring that technology available is being fully utilized in the most efficient manner;
- Working with technology to resolve any issues and improve processes;
- Working closely with legal/compliance to ensure all funds are in compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities;
- To ensure full and proper reporting to your manager of any operational issues;
- Where delays are expected to flag any service delivery issues as early as possible;
- Ongoing review of daily controls and communications of any new ideas or suggested procedural changes.
- Previous experience as a Senior Fund Administrator with a signatory element is preferred;
- Possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Have an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude;
- Have customer service orientation with a concern for quality;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Initiative to prepare procedures and checklists to assist others;
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel Skills and knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Industry knowledge – know various financial instruments, local regulations and laws;
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.