Charleville & Listowel Finance Lead (Maternity Cover)
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Charleville & Listowel sites within the Kerry Dairy Consumer Foods business.
This is an opportunity to take ownership for all aspects of finance within our Charleville & Listowel manufacturing sites and partner senior stakeholders to ensure the sites deliver against the ambitious targets and growth plans which have been set. Provide functional leadership and use financial insight to influence and impact operational decision making, leading to better site and business performance. Lead and develop the finance team, by demonstrating the right behaviours and coaching the team to maximise their full potential and the value they add across the business.
This role reports to the Finance Director of the Dairy Consumer Foods business and comes with line management responsibility for a team of six direct reports. This role is maternity cover position.
- Play an active role as a member of the Site Leadership Team, setting the site priorities and building operational strategies to improve performance. Challenge and influence decision making through the provision of financial insights.
- Business partner cross-functional stakeholders to drive growth opportunities, increase efficiencies and ensure costs are controlled and optimised
- Ownership for building business cases for capital investment, calculating the return on investment and payback of potential projects. Partner key stakeholders to ensure capital expenditure is carefully managed and projects delivered on budget.
- Ownership for the delivery of product costings for innovation or changes to existing product portfolio, providing insights to stakeholders on cost drivers. Providing the business clarity on the impact of any movements in raw material prices.
- Responsible for setting financial targets and delivering performance management routines. Delivery of forecasts and budgets, identifying and quantifying risks and opportunities across the business.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce and control inventory levels across the sites.
- Ownership for the completion of month end accounts, managing the balance sheet and providing site teams with insights of the key drivers of variances vs targets.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and Kerry Group procedures. Ensure strong internal controls are in place and maintained to mitigate business risk.
- Lead the Sites Finance team, defining clear roles, setting objectives, and coaching the team members to maximise their potential.
- Show real passion, energy, and excitement for growing our brands, developing our categories, and identifying opportunities against new and emerging food trends
- Living the Kerry Values everyday
- Ability to engage & influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Maintain a high degree of relevant business knowledge
- Continually develop cross-functional network
- Promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement
- Ownership for personal development
Qualifications and skills
- Previous Operational Finance Lead/Manager experience is desirable
- Qualified Accountant with a CIMA or ACCA professional qualification
- Experience managing teams is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years relevant business experience
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.