Client Solution Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced solution focused manager who is committed and passionate about creating a highly regarded team that adds value to our clients, operations and organisation. The successful candidate will join our Client Solutions Team and will work directly and consult with our strategic clients. The Client Solutions Team is responsible for developing and executing solutions to meet our ever changing client needs, including product development, operational design and change, project management and prioritisation, client initiatives and strategic management and internal stakeholder management.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for private market and derivative assets our tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Solution Manager, AVP you will be responsible for:
Client Service (Internal/External)
- Adopt a pro-active role in establishing SSAL as a key component for client success through:
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships including client communication, report delivery, project management and strategy development
- Understanding client needs/strategies and deliver innovative solutions
- Building trusting relationships with internal providers and clients
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions
- Responsiveness and appropriate updates and communication with all stakeholders
- Updating clients with product development, regulatory changes and SSAL initiatives
Business, Product and Operational Solution and Consulting
- Define, review, recommend and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives, operating model designs, new products and services and any other client initiatives.
- Collect, review and analyse information to make sound recommendations in meeting client needs
- Identify and analyse opportunities to improve processes/and or reduce risk areas in order to assist in meeting client needs
- Consider broader organisational product offering, leverage of existing products and ensure cost effective and optimal solutions balancing tactical vs. strategic in responding to client issues
- Production of project documentation as required (initiation, scope, business and IT requirements, change request, project plans, test plans, closure, dashboards, risk and issues log, etc)
Process Management and Execution
- Strengthen governance and accountability to ensure effective management and execution of initiatives and minimising risk.
- Ensure strong governance structure is in place with the appropriate establishment of engagement and reporting framework (i.e. regularity of meetings and project documentation)
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues and risks with proposed resolutions/mitigation
- Co-ordinate across departments to implement and deliver on client commitments
- Ensure effective implementation of new products and/or operational change
- Contribute to management reporting, including key performance and risk indicators
Financial Performance and Management
- Achieve financial commitments and optimise productivity through proactive risk management, monitoring expense control and innovative solutions to deliver value to our clients and the business.
- Effective project and time management across the whole lifecycle of an initiative
- Ensure cost/benefit analysis are presented and well understood
- Look to increasing client revenue streams and on passing development costs where appropriate
- Increase efficiencies and reduce direct costs where possible
- Strengthen our foundation and enhance our culture so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our constituents.
- Positively engage with and influence the business and clients to ensure optimal outcome and solutions
- Foster an environment that supports effective teamwork across the organisation
- Build commitment in others for corporate and client objectives
- Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Keeping abreast of related developments in the industry and providing advice to management and relevant parties
- Maintaining knowledge of internal system and operational developments
- Maintaining knowledge of client’s product, operational and strategic developments
- Sharing new information with the team, broader business and management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Proven track record for delivering results as part of a dynamic team structure
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Deep understanding of financial products and funds management industry
- Experience in helping clients solve business and operational problems
- Experience working closely with a product team in building out new products and services
- Excellent client service and management experience
- Strong business level communication skills both written and verbal, including report writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.