Financial Accountant - Group Statutory Reporting
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The role is part of the Group Statutory Reporting team (formerly External Reporting team) within Group Financial Control.
Group Statutory Reporting has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely Group and entity (i.e. Group's holding company) financial information (statutory and management) to internal stakeholders and to fulfil the external reporting requirements of the Group including Interim and Annual Reports.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder will have a high level of responsibility in the timely delivery of the Team's core remit including the preparation and review of the Group's Annual & Interim Reports.
The role holder will have responsibility for the following:
- Delivery of high quality financial information to key stakeholders.
- Preparation and posting of Group consolidation adjustments ensuring that they are appropriately reviewed and that adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file.
- Liaising with the divisional financial control teams to ensure that timetable commitments for each reporting cycle/requirement are met and that any issues are appropriately resolved on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the Group and Bank financial statements (Annual Report and Interim Report), subsidiary financial statements and facilitation of the audit process.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required to the Finance executive management.
- Operation and continuing improvement of the team's Reporting Controls.
- Actively participate in the team change agenda/process improvements including the enhancement of controls, operational changes, IT change to support enhanced reporting requirements and the closure of Internal Audit points. Implementation of new Group reporting and other requirements as they arise.
- Provide support as required within the team and other parts of the Group on various Group projects and initiatives as they arise
- Contribute to the determination of appropriate financial control activities to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial and management reporting.
What is the opportunity
This role provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of the Group's financial reporting process, an understanding of the overall performance and results of the Group and an opportunity to collaborate with various teams across the Group as part of the reporting process.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model with home and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Qualified Accountant
- 3rd level education with strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst coordinating a wide range of tasks and inputs from a number of different areas.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Proven problem solving ability and creating efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience of developing good professional working relationships with key stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working in the Banking sector
- Relevant knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment in which the Group operates and the ability to apply that knowledge in addressing practical issues
- IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), good knowledge of consolidation and general ledger systems (ideally BCS and SAP).
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.