Executive Manager Digital Ops & Tech and Bankwest Tech
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology and Operations encompasses the Group’s information technology and operations functions who enable the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Technology and Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Technology and Operations division within the Group.
We work closely with our stakeholders in both Technology and the Business Units to help them understand the business value of their technology and operations spend, deliver on their strategic and financial plans, and enable CBA to retain its widely regarded position as the technology leader in the domestic financial services market.
See yourself in our team
In this role, you will partner with our Retail Bank, Bankwest and Digital Channels Technology teams, who manage many of the Group's core technology systems including Netbank and the Commbank App, influencing them to make financially / commercially driven decisions that result in better outcomes for the Group and its customers.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the General Manager, Technology Business Partnering, you will sit on the Technology and Operations Finance Extended Leadership Team and lead a team of Finance Business Partners who each support key LOBs within the Retail Bank, Bankwest and Digital Channels business units. Your primary stakeholders will be the EGM for this business and their leadership teams, which you will be a member of, along with the relevant BU Finance teams.
Key duties will include:
- Acting as a key interface between Finance, EGMs and their direct reports, utilising your stakeholder management skills to influence and drive outcomes.
- Interpreting complex financial information and communicating your analysis to drive decision making.
- Supporting the EGM by appropriately balancing operational risk, change impacts and financial targets.
- Providing finance support for complex commercial deals and negotiations.
- Effective team leadership; you will have responsibility for effective leadership and development of the team, together with appropriate team management and resource planning.
- Driving accountability through objective and meaningful insight driven financial analysis.
- Supporting Technology and Operations productivity focus by identifying opportunities for improvement and resource allocation.
- Ensuring appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Strong commercial, financial and/or management accounting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that make the complex easy
- Ability to think and work at both a strategic and detailed level
- Good understanding of financial control and risk management frameworks
- The ability to build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders in the Business, Technology and Finance
- A history of building and leading high performing teams.
In Technology and Operations Finance we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.