Executive Manager Group Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Within Financial Services, the Group Financial Reporting & Analysis (FR&A) team provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board.
Group Reporting team within FR&A is responsible for financial close and consolidation of the CBA Group’s results and production of consolidated financial statements and the Annual Report.
The purpose of the role is to help deliver the strategic agenda for FR&A – high quality industry leading market disclosures, continued optimisation of financial reporting processes and enhancing financial controls.
The responsibilities of the role are varied, ranging from close collaboration with Business Units, Support Units and subject matter experts across the Group, ensuring successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the monthly financial close and consolidation, half yearly and annual external reporting to providing ad-hoc value-add analysis to FR&A’s stakeholders.
Do work that matters
- Providing timely, reliable and high quality financial information required to meet the Group’s external financial reporting obligations.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual financial close and consolidation of the Group’s statutory result and the balance sheet while working closely with key stakeholders in divisional finance and support units teams.
- Financial control responsibilities over a number of material entities and balances.
- Enhancing controls over financial close and consolidation to ensure strict compliance with the Group’s internal policies.
- Full ownership of the annual statutory financial reporting process including preparation of the Group’s consolidated financial statements in compliance with AASB/IFRS.
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders across the Group (investor relations, risk, governance, HR, legal) to ensure timely submission and high quality of inputs into financial statements disclosures.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Finance and Non-Finance stakeholders
- Presenting to management on key balances and drivers of variances in the Group’s statutory financial statements.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to deliver industry leading external disclosures.
- Implementation of accounting for new products and transactions.
- Liaising with external auditors and proactively resolving audit issues.
- Maintaining and improving systems, infrastructure and controls supporting the statutory financial reporting process.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Prior experience with managing complex processes in a large and complex organisation
- Prior experience with preparation and/or auditing financial statements
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (AASB/IFRS)
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to work under time pressure and tight deadlines
- Risk Mindset - All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 14/02/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.