Recon Oversight Manager, AVP
Supporting the team VP with the running of the Recon Oversight Team, the successful candidate will play a leading role in the continued development of the Reconciliation Services offering to the business aligned with the strategic requirements of the State Street organization.
A highly technical and challenging role the successful candidate will become a member of a team that is involved in the fast paced and cutting edged development of future organisation solutions.
A proven and dynamic self-starter with excellent communication skills, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously. An ability to distill and condense large volumes of data into meaningful and informative reporting is also required.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Recon Oversight Manager you will
- Ensure timely delivery of all client deliverables in accordance with agreed KPI’s and timeframes.
- Monitor outstanding reconciliation breaks to ensure targets are met and to identify any potential issues and prevent these occurring where possible.
- Review correspondence, queries and training levels to make ensure appropriate levels of experience in key areas.
- Manage change for the team; technology, procedures, additional functions etc.
- Contribute to personal and team development through training in order to meet objectives.
- To keep abreast of market changes and developments as they affect the Team.
- Assist in the motivation of the team by creating a positive working environment resulting in the development of teamwork and the attainment of Standards of Service and team targets.
- Take individual responsibility for dealing and escalating complex problems that arise, liaising where necessary with the Team Manager.
- Ensure all management reporting is accurate and produced in a timely manner. Additional duties as instructed by the Team Manager and Divisional Head.
- Ensure highest levels of Risk Excellence are fully embedded within the team, including a culture of self-reporting of issues, with the highest levels of integrity and ethics.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to gather information, test propositions and connect related and unrelated matters in preparation for decision-making. The ability to clearly present the rationale for decisions.
- Decision-Making: The ability to use sound judgement to distil large volumes of data and to provide recommendations and make decisions that add value to the business.
- Technical Ability: The ability to apply well developed technical skills to meet all the needs of the business. You should have proven experience in advanced excel, process re-engineering as well as a grasp of the key challenges facing the industry.
- Communication: The ability to present information effectively to the rest of the team and to provide written reports to the Manager, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the business as well as to external parties. The ability to host and direct calls with multiple stakeholders.
- Team Work: The ability to work effectively as part of a team, but also the ability to lead and motivate. Ability to resolve conflicts.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Business related degree desirable.
- A minimum of five years’ management experience in the Financial Services industry with product knowledge gained in a Hedge environment with knowledge of Derivatives, Custody and Fund Accounting.
- Experience of working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment would be of benefit.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Reconciliation business across the organisation is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of the overall business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.