SelectScience Ltd are currently recruiting for a talented and driven Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller, reporting into the Finance Director.
SelectScience Ltd provides award-winning digital marketing campaigns delivered by scientific, editorial and marketing experts, which provide exceptional results. They have transformed global scientific communications and digital marketing over the last 23 years. Informing scientists about the best products and applications, using peer to peer content marketing to connect and generate sales leads for manufacturers with their customers.
Based at the head office on the outskirts of Bath this role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance function, overseeing financial control & reporting, providing leadership and direction to the existing team and ensuring strict reporting deadlines are met.
This is a newly created position that will play a significant part in the forward planning and evolution of both the business and the finance function. With significant investment, now is a great time to join SelectScience Ltd on their journey. This is a hands-on role with a broad remit and would be ideally suited to a strong technical accountant with a high level of commercial acumen.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including: analysis and commentary (P&L, B/S Cashflow), KPI reporting, and preparation of a consolidated Board Pack.
- Responsible for the FP&A cycle including compiling annual budgets and interim forecasts reporting to the board.
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the finance team to achieve high performance standards.
- Management of key internal and external stakeholders including investors.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finance function, including Purchase Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Treasury and Tax compliance.
- Perform monthly B/S reconciliations, review the ledger and close out period ends.
- Responsible for the HMRC, Co House, IRS and US state reporting and filing commitments.
- Act as key point of contact to the audit team, preparing draft year end accounts and supporting schedules for auditors.
- Ensuring robust financial controls and documented processes are in place.
- Delivery of accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly MI to the business to facilitate effective decision making.
The role will also play a huge part in the forward planning and evolution of both the business and the finance function as the business grows both organically and acquisitively. This will include supporting the delivery of a finance road map, price modelling, resource planning and modelling, 5 year planning, M&A modelling and Due Diligence support.
This is a hands-on role with a broad remit and would be ideally suited to a strong technical accountant with a high level of commercial acumen. Ideally you will have the following experience and qualifications
- Degree educated qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Significant PQE with strong commercial acumen.
- Strong technical accountant with awareness of M&A.
- Comfortable owning the accounts ledger and period end close, and willing to become a subject matter expert on the accounts software solutions (Currently Xero and Sage Payroll).
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple work streams with strong adherence to deadlines.
- Significant analytical and modelling skillset with strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience as a line manager.
- Experience of Management Accounts preparation and FP&A cycle.
- Experience of generating consolidated accounts and reporting packs, P&L, B/S Cashflow.
- Experience of Co. House filing commitments e.g Confirmation Statements.
- Experience of HMRC reporting commitments. Including ad-hoc liaison on e.g. PAYE settlement.
- High attention to detail with ability to take a step back and carry out a high level review.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Experience of working in a digital media business and or,
- Experience of KPI reporting.
- US sales and income tax compliance.