Senior Analyst, Risk (IIG) - FTC
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions, and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee daily operational activities e.g. overdraft monitoring and act as a point of escalation
- Monitoring of high-risk tasks such as Asset Servicing Losses (ASLs), timely completion of AML documentation, clients at risk, account opening, and client onboarding
- Assist in the preparation of monthly regulatory reporting
- Analyze data to identify trends, gaps and seek to mitigate these
- Review current business unit procedures to ensure they remain compliant with organizational standards; corporate policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensure preventative and detective controls in place are effective and drive recommendations to strengthen controls
- Assist with compilation of management reporting and metrics on key change and control areas
- Regularly review processes within the business, ensuring procedures are adhered to, controls are effective and assist in identifying when processes can be relocated or removed
- Assist with the review and completion of the business Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Participate and contribute to risk review meetings for all EMEA locations
- Ensure Business Continuity plan is maintained and updated in line with corporate and business requirements
- Assist with coordination and roll out of stress tests and resulting metrics
- Review and, where required, align each regions Business Continuity Plans
Audit, Compliance, and Regulatory coordinator:
- Coordinate and quality control data collected for all audit and compliance testing requests across each region
- Work with management to track and resolve any open audit, compliance, or regulatory issues
- Assist in identifying, tracking, and reporting any breaches or client complaints
- Provide feedback and arrange targeted training on key regulatory changes or updates
- Partner with risk management and control groups across the organization to share best practice
- Participate and represent the business unit on corporate projects and initiatives
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work-Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options), and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.