Senior Fund Accountant
As a Senior Fund Accountant, you will be expected to leverage remote teams to ensure periodic reporting requirements are met. You will review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports and ensure client deliverables are met. Building lasting relationships with internal teams will be essential.
With your analytical mind you will interpret data, providing concise explanations on trends and variances and know how to resolve problems and issues that may arise.
Day to day you will be responsible for front office client contact and technical discussions on corporate entity and private equity fund structures. You will need to draw on your existing experience to manage limited partnership agreements, the capital call process including equalization procedures and the distribution cycle, the working mechanics of the waterfall calculation and the investment valuation process.
You will also be responsible for the annual audit process management, holding technical discussions with auditors and ensuring the Audited Financial Statements are filed timely. On the Investor onboarding you will ensure we comply and meet our KYC obligations by preparing, monitoring and maintaining robust client files, safeguarding us from potential risks.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal are a must have for this role as you will be responsible for building relationships across the business and with existing or new clients to gain insight into their needs and delivering customer-centric solutions.
As a fully qualified Accountant dealing with more complex accounting work, it's important to share your knowledge and experience to assist with peer development.
Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future, together. You’ll need to be thorough in all you do, using your own judgment to highlight any significant finds and put forward any recommendations to help us find an appropriate solution.Qualifications
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Accounting or Finance coupled with a professional accounting qualification (CA or equivalent)
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience of Private Equity, Real Estate and/or Hedge Fund administration
- The ability to prepare US GAAP and IFRS financial statements for audit and the capability to steer clients through the audit and valuation process
- Proven customer service skills within the alternatives or audit industry
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory laws, outsourcing procedures, KYC and AML procedures
- A working knowledge of FATCA, CRS
- Experience with both CIMA registered and unregistered private funds
- Self-starter with experience in managing teams remotely
- The ability to work with eFront / Paxus / Investran software
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with particular focus on Excel skills and Access integration
- Proven ability to multi-task, work accurately under pressure, meet and establish required deadlines, prioritize and to work with multiple liaisons
- Willing and able to work outside of normal office hours to serve a worldwide client base, which may include working on public holidays if necessary
IQ-EQ offers an attractive remuneration package dependent on experience and qualifications in the range of USD$100,000 - USD$120,000 as well as statutory benefits.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
It’s time to realise your potential by walking through our door.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.