Manager, U.S. Corporate Tax
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our U.S. Corporate Tax team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative, strategic plans that address clients’ cross-border needs and minimize tax liability.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for the completion of U.S. corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations, and high-quality deliverables
- Assist organizations in determining the most effective US corporate structure from a tax perspective; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing
- Perform due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of US subsidiaries, partnerships or business operation
- Review domestic/international federal and multi-state corporate/partnership information return
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- Completion of, or working towards, a master’s degree in U.S. taxation or law or Member of the Bar is considered an asset
- 4 to 5 years of relevant public accounting or tax consulting experience
- Extensive working knowledge of U.S. Corporate Tax
- Experience preparing and reviewing U.S. tax compliance and implementing of tax reorganizations
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing tax concepts
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.