Corporate Audit Digital Assets Assurance Audit Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
This role will be part of Corporate Audit’s Digital Assets Assurance team, which is responsible for engagements that focus on State Street Digital business, a new division established in 2021. You will lead a team of auditors to understand and assess risks and related business and technology controls that span digital assets and traditional asset topics and products.
The Digital Assets Audit VP will provide leadership in audit execution over a number of simultaneous assurance engagements utilizing a risk-based audit approach. This includes managing relationships with the business, ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards and developing audit teams skillsets. This role will include responsibilities for continuous monitoring over product development by the new division and will require the candidate to successfully develop a depth of knowledge and expertise in digital assets topics, risks and control best practices.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Digital Assets Assurance Audit Manager you will
- Proactively engage with State Street Digital management
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in evaluating and testing developing products
- Support the execution of a risk-focused audit plan, review and approve audit work products to ensure thorough effective coverage and timely and effective escalation of issues and conclusions
- Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls through insights gained based on risk and control expertise
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes
- Champion continuous improvement in the department
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including audit findings, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management
- Participate as a non-voting member of various steering committees, management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate
- Provide insight on the evolving technology regulatory environment and interact with regulators
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills
- Ability to think strategically and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry recognized certification like CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM beneficial
- 10+ years of experience with assurance, including over financial services and technology
- Proven ability to learn innovative products and technologies and execute related assurance
- Experience with assurance in a number of the following: blockchain and distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrency, custody of digital assets, tokenization, ITGC controls, public and private cloud, system integration, risk management, data analytics
- Audit experience in public accounting or internal audit, focusing on regulated industries preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams, and large-scale projects
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.