Audit Assistant Manager; Corporate - Manchester/Liverpool
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
As an Assistant Manager we will expect you to guide and supervise less experienced colleagues and to support, train, mentor and advise others within audit. We expect you to challenge current practice – driving improvements and championing change. Finally, we expect you to take personal responsibility for your own decisions and actions and those of others.
At BDO we recognise the importance of continually seeking to improve audit quality. As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to produce excellent quality work. You’ll also:
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Identify and understand needs of the Audited Entity, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree the needs and potential solutions with Managers or Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established Audited Entities, identifying opportunities and be a point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, develop and appraise trainees and executives within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Take a leading and active role in group, stream and firm wide activities.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS or overseas equivalent.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members on client premises and in the office.
- Experience managing projects.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.