Assistant Controller, Alternative Investments - 50 South Capital
Chicago, Illinois; New York, New York; Stamford, Connecticut; Tempe, Arizona; West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
50 South Capital is an alternative asset management firm designed to meet the core strategic needs of investors seeking access to hedge funds, private equity, and private credit. It develops comprehensive investment solutions and services designed to meet alternative investors' risk and return expectations. Its highly experienced team works closely with a wide range of investors to fulfill specific investment objectives and create lasting relationships. 50 South Capital’s investment philosophy focuses on providing access to managers with unique and differentiated sources of return.
50 South Capital is looking for an Assistant Controller to help manage the operations of our Private Equity Core Funds, Venture Fund of Funds, and Credit Fund of Funds. With the recent closing of our Core Fund IX and Secondary Fund IV, we are looking to expand our team. 50 South Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northern Trust and we currently manage over $11.8 Billion in Alternative Fund of Funds and Advisory Custom Accounts. We have a dynamic team of about 40 employees with diverse backgrounds and experience and looking for a candidate that likes a fast pace and engaging environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with CFO and Controller to develop strategic plan to scale 50 South operations to support our growth.
- Provide oversight over our three fund administrators and provide strategic direction to drive long-term efficiencies.
- Assist is executing infrastructure plan to modernize the technologies used across 50 South including Research Tools, CRM, Treasury Management, and Portfolio Management Tools.
- Provide oversight of internal and external auditors and assist with analyzing and developing internal controls and policies and procedures.
- Assist in the valuation of private securities and become a member of the Private Capital Valuation Committee.
- Provide oversight to our partners involved with daily cash management and the management of our various lines of credit.
- Work with investment team members to support the execution of investment transactions and trades.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of Private Fund Structures and Alternative Investments
- Strong Organization Skills to ensure compliance with multiple deadlines
- Good Verbal Communicator and strong writing skills
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Understanding of US GAAP and Financial Reporting
- Understanding of Fair Value Principles
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- CPA with 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- Performed financial statement audits of either Hedge/PE Funds or
- Worked for Hedge or PE Fund in an fund accounting or operations role
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST ASSET MANAGEMENT
As a global leader in investment management, Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) serves the world’s most-sophisticated investing clients – from sovereign wealth funds, pension plan sponsors, and financial intermediaries to wealthy families and the advisors that serve them. Northern Trust Asset Management manages approximately $1 Trillion in client assets contributing over $1 Billion in annual revenue to the Northern Trust Corporation.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainableFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.