Credit Analyst Officer
Who we are looking for
Global Credit Finance (GCF) is the lending division of State Street. The division’s mandate is to attract, support and retain bank clients through the use of our balance sheet and strong rating, and to add income and diversification to State Street’s portfolio of on and off balance sheet investments. This role is part of the Subscription Finance team within Global Credit Finance which is responsible for an $18 billion portfolio of credit facilities to Private Equity Fund and Fund of Hedge Fund borrowers. Many of the team’s clients are part of large, valuable relationships to State Street. The team is responsible for a variety of activities related to analyzing the credit, negotiating legal documents, compliance and monitoring for each of the credit facilities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Credit Analyst you will
- Have involvement with a wide range of activities related to credit analysis, compliance monitoring for a large portfolio of credits to private equity funds sponsored by large global investment management firms as well as similar support for our Fund of Hedge Fund portfolio
- Support the Account Officers with the preparation of credit applications, management of credit facilities and client matters
- Assist in the credit underwriting of new and existing credit facilities through the review of the borrower’s credit history, performance and market trends
- Coordinate with Account Officers, Enterprise Risk Management, Global Credit Finance, Business Support Team, Syndications and Loan Operations on deal activity
- Contribute to portfolio monitoring and credit administration
- Assist with client on-boarding, Compliance, KYC, etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong work ethic with the ability to demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
- Positive attitude, enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with high level of attention to detail and organization and the capability to meet tight deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or related field
- Around of two or more years of experience in credit analysis or related finance experience
- Interest in credit lending/structuring
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.