Sr Consultant, Risk Analytics (Modeling)
Northern Trust is looking for an experienced modeler/data scientist for the Risk Advanced Analytics team. The role is responsible for working with large and complex data sets (both internal and external data) to develop and support the implementation of advanced analytics solutions and regulatory models.
- Perform data analysis and advanced modeling techniques to solve complex business problems, provide insights and create innovative solutions;
- Create predictive models for estimating probability of default and losses as part of the Bank’s capital adequacy process;
- Design quantitative models to forecast revenue for various businesses under different macroeconomic scenarios as part of the annual stress testing exercise;
- Exercise independent judgement in identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines and development framework;
- Interacting with the Data Analytics team to request and ensure high quality data are utilized in the model development process;
- Communicate regularly with key business partners, management, oversight committees and regulators by acting as a subject matter expert.
- 3+ years of experience of developing advanced analytics solutions (AI/ML);
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail;
- Proficient experience using statistical programming languages such as Python, SAS, SQL;
- Demonstrated experience using machine learning approaches such as decision tree, random forest, gradient boosting, artificial neural networks, reinforcement learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and data visualization skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, senior management and overseas partners;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple deliverables;
- Advanced degree (PhD is preferred) in statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.