Operations Client Service, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Client Service Manager with experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communication skills, and must possess leadership skills. Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in insurance financial services industry, BS/BA degree required. Knowledge of double-entry accounting, including ledger preparation/review/controls is a requirement. Position is located in our Kansas City, MO office and will have 12-15 staff supporting approximately 25 clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Operations Manager you will
- Develop and own insurance client relationships
- Manage all aspects of a client relationship, including partnering with clients to identify current and future needs.
- Collaborate with senior management to ensure proper function of the operating model
- Engage with various support teams to ensure efficiencies are gained
- Provide support for accounting ledger/books of record and regulatory reporting for companies under STAT/GAAP/TAX/IFRS bases.
- Manage and plan resources ensuring delivery of outcomes are consistent, timely and accurate
- Maintain understanding of client SLA provisions and relevant KPIs to ensure delivery of the highest quality of client services
- Deliver highly valued services and solutions to clients to ensure quality services are consistently delivered and clients are offered State Street’s full range of services as their needs and our services evolve
- Understand risks and make sure that appropriate, clearly defined controls are established and executed
- Develop, engage and retain an industry leading workforce using GHR Tools and other resources
- Support environments for continuous team review and peer group collaboration to identify process improvement opportunities
- Execute oversight activities to ensure interdepartmental deliveries are monitored and risks highlighted and addressed
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for new business on-boarding and other projects as required
- Effective messaging & communication
- Complete and deliver employee Performance discussions
- Hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader teams
- Recommend promotions, salary increases and bonuses
- Manage own performance through engaging in the performance management process and attending relevant training
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as appropriate
- Manage and oversee service delivery for operational and risk activities i.e. inquiry resolution, requests, pricing, custody, loan and credit facilities, account administration activities, online application support, and monitor receivables/billing collections
- Monitor and comply with changes to the 'risk' escalation chain including communicating amendments to staff where needed e.g. issues and suspicious transactions
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting, including ledger preparation/review/controls is a requirement. Investment accounting ledger experience preferred.
- Experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communications skills, and some experience with presentations a must.
- Knowledge of computer systems, financial operations and/or mutual fund and related industries a plus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in Insurance financial services industry and previous experience managing staff
- Work Shift : 08:00am - 05:00pm CST
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.