Reconciliation Operations, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
An Individual who is responsible for all aspects of operational support and daily governance of offshore Middle Office Reconciliation business globally. The candidate will need to be highly skilled in offshore vendor management. Directing, supporting and enhancing our teams abilities to meet client deliverables and perform to high standards, including working within a robust control framework. As well as providing a daily point of escalation for client and third party escalation and issue resolution. In depth understanding of Middle Office Reconciliation Operations required as well as strong product knowledge and excellent relationship management skills.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Reconciliation AVP:
- Manage all aspects of the middle office recon business for the area
- Closely monitor escalation queries and facilitate accurate and timely responses
- Drive forward global reconciliation directives. Particularly focused on root cause review and break elimination
- Ensure that the Oversight governance policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that operational client service delivery standards (KPIs) are maintained and enhanced for all EMEA supported activity
- Ensure that all offshore activity has appropriate administrative documentation in place via SLA’s, internal KPI’s and a monthly governance program in adherence to mandated Oversight policy
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions and external stakeholders such as clients, industry bodies and regulators
- The development of our offshore partners, overseeing their growth and expansion creating a successful skilled workforce
- Support all offshoring initiatives and any other projects including match rate improvements, auto coding proposals and automation opportunities
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Outstanding client service, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Effective decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience of working within a highly pressurized change management environment. With an ability to stay calm, focused and resilient during challenging periods
- Displaying a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong investment management operations experience with good relationship management skills.
- Strong experience of client communication and interaction at all levels
- Ideally knowledge of Middle Office systems and processes
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.