Internal Controls Project Manager -6 month FTC - FMCG Business
This role will report into the Head of Internal Controls and will be supporting the UK & Ireland business with the integration of two new businesses.
Our client is an exciting, growing, fast paced fast moving consumer goods business. They own multiple brands; most of which you will see in your weekly food-shop or local convenience store.
Their portfolio of brands are split into 3 key areas, with essential plant based and dairy based products making up over 50% of their global business.
As a global business their products are available in over 120 countries worldwide and with such a large global platform, they are using their presence to support the environment where they can. As a business over 80% of their packaging is recyclable and 90% of their products fit into healthy categories.
As an organisation they plan to continue to build on their health-focused portfolio and drive the food revolution.
The internal controls team across UK & I is lead by the Head of Internal Controls and made up of 5 team players. This role will report into the HoIC and will be a key player in integrating the procedures of two new businesses.
This role plays a key role within the team; as any Internal Controls specialist will know, it's vital to ensure the correct foundations are laid so that procedures can run smoothly and effectively in the long term.
This role will be responsible for:
- Guiding the Internal Control function in their mission during a significant period of transformation
- Lead on the transition and integration of new reporting entities into the UK & I teams
- Engage, challenge and influence stakeholders to get across the importance of effective procedures
- Discover, mitigate and follow up on key business risks to ensure deficiencies are being addressed
- Follow up on internal and external audit points
- Operate in an agile manner to support the business during this key period of change
- Support business process owners to help with the integration into the UK & I business
- Update, test and validate significant process changes across to ensure that risk maps are up-to date
- Challenge the norm and seek opportunities to review processes and drive continuous improvement
- Ideally qualified or part qualified ACA/CIA or ACCA
- Prior experience in external or internal audit or internal controls is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in systems (SAP desirable)
- Prior experience in process mapping and walkthroughs with a view to continuous improvement
- Detail-orientated and analytical
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to operate proactively to ensure work is delivered on time
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with a growing business with strong values.
The role will allow you to work autonomously, whilst also engaging with the wider team
You will have the opportunity on make your own risk assessments and to mitigate those using internal controls
This role could both extend or could result in the successful person being able to move int a permanent role in this team or in the wider business.
The role is based from home with the chance to do some site visits (guidelines permitting) to key business areas across Surrey, The Midlands and Yorkshire. You are likely to need to travel 1-2 times per month for a day at a time.