Corporate International Tax Assistant Manager
Top 10/6 London Accountancy firm.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients.
You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice.
Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm's quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
ProfileRequirements: Corporate International Tax Assistant Manager - London
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Competitive benefits package