Analyst-Core Operations GTS
We’re looking for candidates interested in the areas of finance, accounting and audit. This position requires analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Some of the tasks associated with the role involve matching and confirming trades, resolving discrepancies between parties, resolution of pre and post settlement date security, responding to inquiries.
- Monitoring, processing and facilitating settlement of security transactions.
- Liaising with Brokers, Custodians, Transfer Agents and internal departments pre and post settlement to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Providing support and interacting professionally with various internal and external partners.
- Analyzing transactional data, preparing reports and metrics.
- Responding to inquiries and resolving trade related issues for accounting teams.
- Driving for solutions by constantly looking at reducing risk and streamlining processes such as order placement, trade completion and settlement.
- Managing risk and prioritizing the workload effectively.
- Escalating issues and reporting root causes and trends back to the management.
- Testing new system enhancements.
- Participating in project-related activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major or equivalent experience.
- Graduate level courses in accounting, finance or management are viewed favorably.
- Fundamental knowledge of the mutual fund industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).