Business Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Business analyst experienced in reconciliation and trade processing, with sound knowledge of Derivatives and or Bank Loans, is required to work within the change management department to perform detailed analysis of requirements, liaise with the business groups and external parties. The candidate will demonstrate experience working with middle and back-office derivatives processing to define detailed requirements and working alongside the technical resources to build technical solutions.
The BA will interface with Clients, operations, IT, Project Management, and other internal and external third party system owners. The candidate will be equally at ease discussing business and technical issues, and will be able to lead solution discovery.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Business Analyst you will:
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Lead the planning, configuration and execution of testing efforts for new developments, including but not limited to Business User Acceptance Testing (BUAT) & Client User Acceptance Testing (CUAT)
- Use a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams.
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
- May direct special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative was well as follow direction
- Competent with complex formulas and data analysis
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business analyst or Derivatives SME
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative and or Bank Loan products strongly preferred
- MS Office Products
- Macro/VBA knowledge preferred
- Experience with IDW, DEH, TLP preferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Change Management & Testing management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong internal relationship management skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.