Fixed Income BU Risk – Jr. Manager (Associate/AVP)
Business Unit Risk Management is looking for a new joiner to support its daily risk management tasks. The role sits within the Fixed Income Division ‘First Line of Defence’ and requires close collaboration with stakeholders across a wide range of teams and of varying seniority.
The team member will work closely and in partnership with NMR (non-market risk) teams in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. Daily tasks related to the non-market risk function include but are not limited to:
- Own and manage the day-to-day responsibilities relating to NMR reporting and risk monitoring.
- Coordinate approvals for new business initiatives within the Fixed Income Division.
- Provide support to projects related to regulatory changes, process enhancements, etc.
- Manage operational risk incidents and the periodic Risk and Control Self-Assessment program.
- Ensure standardization and consistency in risk management policies and procedures.
- Technical product knowledge. (in particular Credit, FX, Rates & Commodities products)
- Understanding of operational risk management, compliance testing, and internal audit applied to global markets.
- Able to articulate the determining factors and inputs behind outputs expressed as numbers.
- Clear and objective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Data management skills, solid working knowledge of Excel is required.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick judgment calls without errors.
- Be able to find balance between commerciality and prudent risk management.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders of varying seniority in different groups.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly motivated, with a desire to help improve processes and work together in a team.
- 3-8 years of relevant experience
- MBA/University Degree
- Familiarity with some programming language
- Hold/working toward a professional qualification such as CFA, FRM or PRM
- Additional languages