AVP - Investment Compliance
The purpose of the job is to provide end-to-end support to investment company (Mutual Fund) clients & their Compliance teams by sharing, primarily, meaningful insights about the funds ability to comply with (i) UCITS and (ii) investment guidelines stated in the Prospectus/Statement of Additional Information (SAI).
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Onboarding of new clients for investment compliance by understanding the client requirements, interpreting the prospectus / investment mandate and extracting compliance restrictions to create a compliance rule matrix.
- Liaise with clients to obtain additional information that may be necessary from time to time to code compliance matrix into the compliance system.
- Perform annual review of compliance rules in the matrix by comparing them against updated prospectuses/SAIs.
- Research ad-hoc queries from compliance reporting team to determine if client portfolio is in line with the investment guidelines
- Liaise with coding team for maintenance of rules in the system to ensure accurate daily and monthly compliance reporting is disseminated to clients.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Investment compliance to translate client requirements into actionable items for internal teams and work with internal teams. (For example, changes related to how a particular derivative should be treated for Derivative Coverage testing or CFTC Testing or IRC)
- Closely monitor Client Satisfaction Ratings for the set of clients handled by the team, draw up actions and execute them to remediate or improve client satisfaction rating.
- Keeps abreast of the developments in Investment Compliance Product for the assigned region and apprises staff as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes as needed
- Provides immediate supervision to a group, assigning tasks and checking work at regular intervals.
- Supervises the daily and monthly activities of the Investment Compliance client service staff.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of daily deliverables.
- Ensures team’s adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs
- Overall experience of 14+ years in Fund Administration or related work.
- Investment compliance monitoring or coding experience is a must. (Pre or post-trade investment compliance)
- Certifications: Candidates pursuing FRM (Financial Risk Manager by GARP) / CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) / CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) are preferred, but certification is not a must for the role
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Exposure to Charles River Development (CRD)
- Coding in Visual Basic Applications (VBA)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.