Plant Finance Controller
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role:
We are looking for a Plant Finance Controller for our site in Zwijndrecht. The site is a lean organisation, focused primarily on the production of emulsifiers. Our RD&A, Sales, Marketing, Process Engineering, Purchasing and Finance activities are centralised in the Innovation and Technology centre in Ireland.
You will manage the site financial administration to acquire a reliable insight into the cost prices/conversion costs, margins and use of materials, people and resources for the production process and to give management reliable information/insight on which to base policy decisions. You will be reporting to the Site Manager and Financial Cluster Controller.
If you have experience as a finance controller in a manufacturing environment and your level of Dutch and English is fluent, then you might be the person we are looking for! Click on the Apply button and we will review your application.
Assessed investment plans:
- Studies and discusses investments requests.
- Calculates financial consequences based on past data, standards and requirements (return, liquidity and solvency) and assesses feasibility.
- Formulates and explains recommendations regarding feasibility, depreciations and allocation of costs.
Prepared production budget:
- Prepares and supervises the (annual) production budget (in terms of procedure and process).
- Collects information from production/engineering about, for example, planned (investment) projects and production or advises management on drafting budgets.
- Processes investment requests and extrapolates annual routine costs (based on past data) to a draft production budget.
- (Re)calculates cost prices/conversion costs of (new) products and packaging and (standard) rates based on supplied or collected data (prices of raw and secondary materials, machine capacity and staffing).
- States structure of standards for cost price, conversion and capacity/production calculations.
- Reports on and provides explanations about cost prices/conversion costs to sales for determining sales price.
Comparisons performed; reality prognosis (budget):
- Closes a period and checks whether costs have been allocated and administered correctly.
- Generates information and analyses results for the period such as deviations in respect of standards and/or the budget.
- Makes overviews of products and results for each department/product, calculates efficiency differences.
- Formulates periodic and ad hoc reports with explanatory notes and statements for management.
Managed cost price/conversion costs components:
- Manages the cost price/conversion costs file.
- Enters cost price/conversion costs components for new products.
- Coordinates with other departments about adjustments to cost and commercial prices and conversion costs.
Managed stock administration:
- Analyses and explains differences, enters corrections in the ledger and arranges coordination of sub administrations (stock).
- Initiates improvements in stock administration.
- Establishes (in consultation with manager) facilities needed for (unmarketability of) stocks and work in progress.
- Maintains contact with accountants.
- Makes recommendations for improvements with regard to the administrative system.
- Improves the administrative and internal control processes within the financial administration and other departments.
Qualifications and skills:
- Degree in finance, economics or equivalent.
- Fluent level of English and Dutch.
- 4+ years of experience in an operational finance management job in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations (IFRS, GAAP, etc.).
- Experience in change and project management.
- Experience with SAP ECC.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience in a manufacturing site (automotive, food production FCMG, pharma, etc.).
- Process oriented, analytical and flexible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.