Tax - PCS - Senior Consultant - Dubai
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. The tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax, and Transaction Services, and People Advisory Services.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax professional to join a growing team in an emerging market. As a Private Client Services (PCS) Senior Consultant, your primary focus will be on advising successful families, family business owners, and family offices on how to preserve the family wealth, manage risks and advise them on their global tax affairs. Sound interesting?
Your key responsibilities
You will be involved in projects that are strategically important for regional families such as the creation of a family office, succession planning, contingency planning, confidentiality management, and family governance.
You will demonstrate the right mix of industry, commercial, and tax technical knowledge to be able to understand how successful families operate across the Middle East and support them in achieving their objectives. You will build trusted relationships with them and your internal peers.
You will effectively apply your knowledge to client situations, developing and delivering innovative solution-oriented ideas with timely, responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. You will contribute to creating, leading, and motivating high-performing teams and help staff members build their skills.
You will serve as a trusted business advisor to regional successful families, family business owners, and family office in providing a wide range of consulting services including advice on global tax matters, family office advisory, succession planning, contingency planning, confidentiality management, and family governance. You will provide tax-related domestic and cross-border planning assistance to successful families, family business owners, and family offices with a focus on Middle East outbound investments (both conventional and Shari'a-compliant).
You will work as part of a multi-jurisdictional/disciplinary team in terms of pursuing, managing, and delivering engagements. As part of this, there must be a drive to ensure that all deliverables meet the EY quality standard. You will manage the preparation of reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties and meet financial and non-financial KPIs on an annual basis
Skills and attributes for success
If you are client-driven and strategically and commercially aware, have broad exposure to international taxation and wealth management, have strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills, and are an excellent communicator in a range of situations, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax, or accounting
- A relevant Masters degree, CPA or ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with successful families in a role that involves oversight on international tax matters
- Big 4, major law firm, in-house family office, and/or private banking experience desirable
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritization skills
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience in managing teams
- Preferably Arabic language proficiency
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical knowledge experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
We look for highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.