We are recruiting for a qualified Accounts Manager to work within our Haines Watts Birmingham or Worcester office and assist the partners in delivery of accounts preparation services to our non-audit clients. The successful candidate will take an active part in managing a portfolio of clients, delivering compliance services including statutory accounts, VAT, business and personal tax services to the firms growing client base and will supervise, mentor and train junior team members.
Due to growth within the West Midlands region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge.
Based in either our Birmingham or Worcester office this is a new role and would suit a qualified accountant with experience in managing a portfolio of clients and delivering compliance services. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career within this growing office of a top 15 firm and will be expected to assist at networking events and with new business tenders.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical knowledge and have a systematic and detailed approach to solving problems. They will have strong written and verbal communication skills and will be able to communicate efficiently at all levels, both internally and externally. They will have the drive and dedication to achieve results in a friendly manner whilst maintaining excellent quality and high service standards to all clients.
The role is a key part of the Accounts team and will be responsible for the smooth running of any professional work associated with a portfolio of clients. You will be required to identify new service opportunities to sell to existing clients and to seek new business opportunities from potential clients to bring new business to the firm. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the line management and development of junior members of the team.
You will be a qualified Accountant (or equivalent) and have at least 3-5 years' relevant experience.
The key duties of this role include:-
- Controlling any work required on a range of non-audit accounts jobs meeting all internal, client based and legislative deadlines on an annual basis.
- Experience in preparing accounts for both Limited Companies and sole traders.
- Experience preparing and delivering business tax and personal tax compliance
- Ensuring that the firm's standard processes are used in the production of accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained with the ability to answer technical questions proficiently and confidently.
- To professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals at all times.
- Regular attendance at Haines Watts led training and seminars to further develop and maintain any technical and personal development skills.
- You will be expected to supervise, develop and assist more junior members of personnel and give constructive feedback on their performance.
- You will be expected to contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debtors and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing.
- You will be expected to seek opportunities to increase client billings and to seek new clients for the practice where possible.
- You will be expected to have and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role.
- You will keep up-to-date with internal policies, procedures and announcements and ensure anyone reporting to you does the same.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent with at least 3 years relevant experience
- Have a broad range of experience across OMB's and various sectors
- Must have good working knowledge and experience of FRS102
- Is proactive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Is ambitious, works hard and puts the effort in - "goes the extra mile".
- Considers problems as a challenge, remaining positive regardless of set-backs.
- Has a positive outlook on life - a "can do" attitude.
- Develops a culture of trust with the team and with clients.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement; encouraging others to have ideas and come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
- Adopts a calm and assured approach to your working practices and office life.
- Is comfortable interacting with team members, clients, potential clients and connectors on all levels with the ability to change your communication style to suit to occasion
- Is able to 'juggle' a number of jobs, demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Is aware of own development areas and works proactively to improve them.
- Copes well under pressure and recovers from setbacks quickly.
- Shows a strong self-belief, demonstrates confidence in your own ability.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.