Finance Tax VAT, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
The VAT Manager, based in London, will be an integral member of the Corporate Tax Department and will support State Street Corporation’s international tax operations. The successful candidate will report to State Street’s Head of VAT and will work closely with the Head of VAT in designing and implementing VAT savings initiatives, providing VAT advice to all areas of the business, overseeing the VAT compliance process across EMEA and implementing VAT savings initiatives.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide VAT support and advice to all business units across EMEA
- Promote awareness of relevant VAT issues across all business units and senior management
- Manage UK VAT Compliance process and oversee VAT compliance in other EMEA countries
- Identify and execute opportunities to reduce irrecoverable VAT
- Manage interactions with tax authorities concerning VAT, working closely with local Finance teams and external advisors
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in VAT processes and reporting
- Provide VAT training for Accounts Payable and sign off mandates for Client Billing teams
- Ensure VAT processes are well documented and support VAT certification under the Senior Accounting Officer rules
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with experience of process improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, use own initiative, and work under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of the business impact of EU VAT rules
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong academic background educated to at least degree level
- Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent
- An experienced Manager in a Big 4 Firm or an equivalent legal/accounting/industry role
- Financial services experience is preferred but not essential
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.47 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.42 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,510 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence:
With more than 29,510 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.