Audit and Accounts Senior
We are recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Senior to work within our Worcester office, to assist the partners and managers in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, and to assist with the management of trainees. This role offers career progression and full study support.
Due to growth within the West Midlands region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
We know that in addition to a competitive salary, our team members want benefits that are flexible enough to meet their needs and to change with them as their priorities change. We offer a wide range of benefits which include holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme along with a range of flexible benefits for you to choose. These include local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, critical illness insurance and a fantastic range of cash back and discounts with selected retailers on our rewards website.
The Audit and Accounts Senior duties will be:
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the client partner or manager
- Lead some of our smaller and specialist assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and accounts process and review their work
- Preparation and interpretation of management accounts and reporting
- Identify cross-selling opportunities
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Coach other staff for improved performance and technical development
- Develop specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments
- Mentor audit and accounts trainees and contribute to the office's training and development programme
- Experience of OMB/SME private company accounts and audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, assisting with an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper system
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities and LLPs
- Experience of working on and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- Experience of using cloud based accountancy software
- Studying towards ACA / ACCA qualification
- Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor who will support the Audit and Accounts Senior throughout to successfully complete their professional qualification
The Audit and Accounts Senior will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
Personal Audit Senior Qualities:
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit & Accounts Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.