VAT Senior - Advisory
We are recruiting a VAT Senior - Advisory to work within our Worcester office, to support the VAT team with advisory projects.
Due to growth within the Worcester Office we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
In return the role is offering a competitive salary with a great benefits package.
- Experience of working with OMB/SME private companies
- Understanding of key VAT knowledge areas, such as treatment of international transactions, supplies of services, partial exemption & land and property transactions
- Working regionally with various colleagues to provide ad-hoc VAT advisory support
- Supporting VAT team on delivery of VAT advisory projects, working directly with Regional Head of VAT
- Assistance with client VAT Reviews (including onsite visits where required)
- Advising on VAT consequences or implications on proposed restructures and planning projects ongoing for clients
- Advising on the VAT treatment of the movement of goods following Brexit
- Attendance at other offices within the region where required;
- ATT / CTA/ ACA part qualified/qualified
The VAT Senior will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.