Financial Reporting Supervisor
The Financial Reporting Supervisor will be responsible for the management of the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly returns to Central Banks and other policymakers in multiple countries in the EMEA region.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with managing a team of 4-6 people and oversee the reporting and control duties/tasks related to the specific area.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and review the production and delivery of the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly returns;
- Team management responsibility for a team of analysts, including recruitment, goal setting, performance evaluation;
- Maintenance and further development of key controls including reconciliations, variance analysis and mapping reviews;
- Check and ensure that procedures and policies are applied to adequately cover rules and regulations;
- Ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency;
- Deep involvement in new system / process implementations related to Regulatory reporting requirements;
- Provide support to in-country Finance teams on an ad-hoc basis (e.g. audits, regulatory inquiries);
- Complete all tasks in connection with the organization’s activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in a banking accounting / financial reporting / controlling
- Team management experience
- Prior experience in a statistical and/or regulatory reporting role would be an advantage
- Advanced MS Excel and Access knowledge
- Advanced / Fluent English and Hungarian language knowledge
- Additional EMEA language knowledge is an advantage
- IFRS experience is an advantage;
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) is an advantage.
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.