CEP Financial Reporting Head
Position Background/ Context:
Ireland Finance comprises of approx. 40 professional staff overseeing 3 core legal vehicles, the largest of which, Citibank Europe plc, has assets of circa $70 billion and branches in 22 European countries.
Since 2016, the bank has been supervised jointly by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and European Central Bank (ECB).
The principal entity headquartered in Ireland, Citibank Europe.
This position involves leading the Financial Reporting team based in Dublin tasked with leading the delivery of, and insightful analysis to key internal and external stakeholders.
This Role is a “Controlled Function” Role as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland Reform Act 2010 and Principal Regulations 2011, and amending Regulations 2014, 2015.
Finance provides a platform from which an employee can gain a high-level understanding of all aspects of banking and financial services. Every business, every process and every transaction ultimately have an impact to the financials of the company and Finance adds value through meaningful financial reporting and ensuring appropriate controls are in place. The department is responsible for supporting management with production and analysis of results, ensuring ongoing compliance with Tax, Financial and Regulatory requirements.
- Managing a team of financial professionals tasked with developing and executing the governance and oversight framework as well as strong control environment in the area of financial reporting.
- Responsible to provide Statutory Reports for all Irish domiciled legal entities, CRD IV Regulatory. Reporting (FINREP) and its ancillary derivations, Internal Executive and Board Reporting.
- Direct liaison with CEP Audit Committee as it pertains to Statutory Reporting and with respect to any ancillary tutorials relating to the Financial Reporting function.
- Key partner with Citi Solutions Centre colleagues who own the production environment.
- Committee member of the IFRS 9 Impairment Working Group (IWG), tasked with the Governance and Oversight as it relates to IFRS 9 and its impact throughout the reporting environment.
- Workstream lead for the EBA bi-annual Stress test program. With specific focus on Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book “IRBB”, Market Risk and Credit risk stripes.
- Responsibility and ownership with respect to systemic implementations as it may relate to the Financial Reporting team.
- Extensive experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Experience within the Big 4.
- Manager of Finance Professionals.
- Expert knowledge in IFRS and US GAAP Standards.
- Exposure to Regulatory Supervision Environment.
- Presentation skills at Executive and Board Level.
- Strong financial reporting and analytical background.
- Drafting of Accounting and Technical Policies.
- Primary Degree.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA.
- Control Environment awareness.
- Strong leadership competency.
- Communicating across offices and geographies.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.