Business Risk Officer - Vice President, Global Markets
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Markets Operational End to End Assessments team is part of Markets Transaction and Processing Risk unit, which is in turn part of Markets Risk & Control team and is mandated to establish and maintain a robust 1st Line of defence and designed to minimize Transaction and Processing Risk within the business.
The Markets Operational Assessment team is set up to assess high risk processes and proactively identify gaps in end-to-end design and operation of controls, covering all Markets businesses globally. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with Markets Senior Management and key stakeholders across the firm including Regulatory Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Firm-wide Business / Functional Owners to deliver integrated high risk Process led Assessments.
As a result Citi Belfast are recruiting for an experienced Business Risk Officer at Vice President. The successful candidate will have working experience in scoping, planning and execution of assurance / testing / assessments of Markets control processes. The candidate would be familiar with established Risk & Control and Regulatory compliance requirements for a global Markets business.
This role is within Markets Operational End to End Assessments team to execute specific reviews as part of Process led Assessments programme.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Carry-out Risk/ Materiality assessments in line with Framework by prioritizing High Risks / Regulations to determine Target Process inventory.
- Identify Regulatory SMEs and Firm-wide Business/ Functional Owners and Participants, document firm-wide E2E process, governance structure and controls.
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Technology, Legal, Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) to design, implement and deliver integrated global operational control assessments.
- Assess/Test End to End Risks and Controls design to determine gaps in existing MCA framework for selected process.
- Identify control weaknesses & gaps, report results, raise Issues (as needed) and track to resolution by collaborating with Markets Transformation and broader Transaction & Processing Risk (TPR) colleagues so that issues have corresponding implementable actions and ownership through to closure, whilst aiming for automation of enhanced controls, where appropriate.
- Writing reports including issues, overall control enhancements and action plans in collaboration with key business stakeholders including Markets Management, Operations, ORM and ICRM as appropriate.
- Completing projects within agreed timescales, whilst keeping stakeholders up to date on progress and escalating any blockers.
- Contribute in creating a global, cross-regional and cross-business team of highly skilled individuals with diverse experience in related disciplines. Cross training of junior / new members of the team.
- Provide assurance on the control design and performance for an area, at a global, regional level or sub-level
- Collaborate with ICRM, ORM and Internal Audit to support and respond to internal and external assessments
- Creating and submitting timely Governance updates on progress against plan, key issues identified and seeking approval of forward looking BAU assessments book of work at Risk and Control Committees.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Strong understanding of operational processes, risks and related controls, associated with Markets businesses
- Strong understanding of control design and effectiveness assessment techniques and practices
- Experience in financial services; experience in planning, scoping and/or leading execution of Internal Audit, Compliance or First Line assurance projects
- Strong communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
- Strong track record in project management implementation
- Strong organizational, time management and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to articulate and collaborate for success with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, but appropriate industry experience & exceptional delivery track record is as important.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, ACCA, CISA or similar) preferred but not essential
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award-winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.