TTS - Global Head of Core Accounts- MD
Treasury and Trade Solution (TTS) is part of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG). TTS is a leading provider of cash management, treasury, trade, clearing, depository receipts and commercial cards services. TTS has a global network spanning more than 100 countries and is unique in the industry for its reach, interoperability and flexibility. We provide clients with dynamic information, tools, and APIs to effectively manage their portfolios, financial positions, working capital and supply chains.
One of the key functions within TTS is Core Accounts. This group is responsible for Core Accounts capabilities for our clients. Core Accounts Technology is currently undergoing a multi-year large scale transformation tackling eCommerce-scale growth programs as well as retirement of the legacy infrastructure, building out of a next generation best in class set of capabilities that will evolve as our Client, Market and Regulatory needs evolve across the globe, spanning 90+ countries with multiple critical, high profile programs in flight. There are also significant net new growth/transformation plans driven by client demand as well as regulatory landscape.
To drive the missions critical roadmap, the intent is to build a Core Accounts Product team and this role is a dedicated for this franchise critical area. A key aspect of this will be simplification and rationalization of the Core Accounts platforms and evolution into a strategic target state. The role is equal parts Accounts SME, Thought Leader and Execution Driver.
The position requires a senior candidate with exceptional leadership and communication abilities combined with knowledge and/or experience of Core Accounts and associated Business Processes.
The role will report directly to the Global Head of LMS and will partner closely with Global Head of LMS and Core Accounts Technology.
- Chair Stakeholder engagement at senior most levels across all major countries in all regions in the capacity of Global Head of Core Accounts. This will involve engaging with TTS Exco, CCOs as well as ICG Business partners who are clients to the incumbent Core Accounts platforms
- Chair the Design Authority for Core Accounts as a Product, both for the existing platforms as well as through evolution to Target State, driving standardization, minimizing non-core effort and continuously raising the bar on operational resilience
- Build and lead TTS Core Accounts Product team
- Build a strong partnership across the various key stakeholders including the Core Accounts Technology team, TTS O&T Teams, and Enterprise O&T teams as needed
- Manage the Core Accounts book of work and drive an agile mindset and a capacity approach
- Vendor engagements as necessary, primarily with Oracle for the incumbent flexcube instances globally and with the new Core Accounts Target State vendor as strategy evolves.
- Citi Ventures Engagement as needed in the context of the vendor choice for Core Accounts capabilities.
- Direct accountability for all Core Accounts programs deliveries in the region with focus on optimising engineering plans for elimination of legacy infrastructure
- Direct accountability for Core Accounts platforms, infrastructure and roadmap and oversight of all PBIO functions.
- Responsible for driving a culture of inclusion, diversity and engineering excellence across the group: a collaborative environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, modern engineering practices, adoption of open source and open standards, automation and tooling, collaboration and efficiency.
Experience and Skills
- Experience leading large multi-year technology transformation initiatives, specially focused on legacy transformations
- Experience and knowledge of Core Accounts
- Deep expertise as a Product Head responsible for complex technology ecosystem in a large organization, establishing and leading strong engineering teams
- Experience driving software delivery transformation through Agile practice and process, with a focus of establishing Continuous Delivery culture and process
- Experience with industry Core Accounts Products (Temenos, Flexcube, FIS, etc) could be useful but not necessary
- Experience with FinTechs such as Mambu, ThoughtMachine, 10X, etc could be useful but not necessary
- Enterprise architecture mind-set with ability to solve a problem in more than one way, so as to make progress towards a desired target state, with continuous evaluation and course correction along the way
- Exceptional communicator who loves working with people, confident communicating at all levels from an individual team to the entire enterprise and is not afraid to challenge status quo
- Well-developed written communication skills and able to effectively use internal collaboration platforms to communicate across the group
- Qualifications such as ACCA/CPA /CFA/CMA would be valued but not necessary
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.