Product Owner - Senior
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: CHICAGO, DALLAS, ATLANTA, ALPHARETTA, CLEVELAND, NEW YORK CITY
As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The Product Owner senior is in the Technology Enablement pillar. The main function of this pillar is to serve as the primary interface between the tax business leadership and IT.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assist in managing applications & products throughout their lifecycle, ensuring business relevance, adoption & continuous improvement. Partially responsible for annual planning based on roadmaps and the development of business cases in support of the governance process
- Help coordinate activities at all levels of the organization on issues and matters related to the products, including managing relationships with ATTG business sponsors and vendors to facilitate smooth development and implementation of products
- Direct the continual upgrading of ATTG products, procedures and operating environments to maintain currency with technological progress, economic change, and all business needs
- Assist with developing annual budgets and manage expenditures in order to operate within approved budget guidelines
- Provides field communications regarding planned or unplanned production issues
- Coordinates or delivers of training to Product Support Services (PSS) team members on all new releases and updates to the application
- Formulates test plans and strategies to coordinate/execute user acceptance testing
- Provides the necessary leadership and guidance to help team members understand focus area strategies and knowledge needs
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews.
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members.
- Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
- Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
- Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel, (i.e., sets goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career development discussions)
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7years of relevant experience
- Management experience a plus
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.