Bath or Bristol
We are looking to recruit an accounts’ associate to join our expanding Accounting and Advisory team.
Working for a firm ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting firms to work for, you will be able to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Responsible for the delivery of a range of accounting services within our outsourced finance team, you will build long standing relationships with your clients ensuring that you become a trusted advisor and actively contribute towards the success of their businesses.
Depending on experience, day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of management and bookkeeping support
- Company Secretarial work
- Accounting system advice
- Support the team with general admin
- Financial accounts preparation
- Production of VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services that may benefit your clients. This may include areas such as cloud accounting and systems support, Making Tax Digital as well as corporate and personal tax planning
We are interested in hearing from candidates currently working within practice but also welcome applications from individuals working within industry who are looking to move into a practice environment.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, the following skills and experience would be beneficial:
- AAT Qualified or Part Qualified AAT
- Strong organisational skills
- A commercial mindset with the ability to spot opportunities where additional advisory services may benefit clients
- Accounts preparation experience
- Experience of a range of accounting software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
Please contact Angela Appiah Shippey, Director or Ben Carter, Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.