Accountant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is a new hire within the UK Finance team based in London. The individual’s primary responsibility is for the Financial Reporting and control oversight for all UK regulated and non-regulated entities. The individual will assist the UK Finance Director in oversight and governance responsibilities including those for outsourced activity and will gain exposure to all aspects of finance. They will help maintain a robust reporting and control environment to reduce risk whilst aiding business development.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversight of the outsourced monthly close process for all UK entities.
- Assist in the construction and review of UK statutory accounts, audits, board/SMF papers and other communication materials.
- Oversee the ICAAP financial forecasts for the regulated UK entities including the Asset Management, Brokerage and Depositary businesses, working closely with the Financial Analyst & Capital team.
- Research and resolve accounting/business transactions and reporting issues, where some expertise is required to interpret and or highlight policy, guidelines and/or processes issues.
- Project engagement and management, working on cross-function and location processes, providing added value, insight and support.
- Recommend and work to implement process and technology improvements identified in day to day work.
- Qualified Account or Part-qualified Accountant in a multi-currency Financial Services environment.
- Strong IT skills (Excel/Power BI, Word, PowerPoint and general ledgers) are required to perform analysis and communicate financial information to various constituents.
- A clear understanding of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements. Demonstrates a good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks.
- Attention to detail with strong communication and first class presentation.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required to evaluate financial results and projections.
- Highly motivated individual who has the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team and learn new processes.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.