Enterprise Risk Consultant
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our internal controls team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you’ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Your key responsibilities
- Executing Job planning: Conducting research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities
- Performing testing of complex / non-routine audit areas, complete work programs including conducting interviews with Senior Management, provide guidance to junior team member(s), review the work of junior team member(s), schedule closing meeting with client and prepare closing meeting slides
- Reporting: Prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and workfiles, and assist in any other wrap up activities
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Recognized Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business or other related field
- At least 2 complete years of experience gained in an internal auditing/line position in a commercial environment, or in a big public accounting firm
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles and work ethics
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Industry related certification (e.g., CPA/CA, CIA, CMA, RICS)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.