Sr. Accounting Specialist - NR
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our colleagues, clients, and community. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions. We look for people who speak their mind, truly listen and step outside their role to add value wherever they can. Above all, we seek individuals who take great pride in their work and are inspired and motivated by their role in helping their colleagues and our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist to join our Global Controllers department. The department encompasses several groups across multiple geographic locations and is responsible for the accuracy and financial integrity of the firm and its subsidiaries' financial statements, regulatory reporting, internal reporting and vendor payment. The Core teams located in New York, Boston, Luxembourg, Tokyo and Poland collectively are responsible for the maintenance of the books and records and compliance with regulatory and tax reporting requirements. The Core team is also responsible for maintaining the internal control structure around the general ledger and CAS house accounts by various BBH business line partners.
As a Senior Accounting Specialist, you’ll report to Krakow Lead. You’ll be engaged in supporting the European teams in their reporting activities and participate in the preparation and review of key regulatory reporting and tax requirements. The position requires the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of the bank's general ledger accounting system (Oracle PeopleSoft).
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in month-end closing preparation
- Preparing accounts reconciliations
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting of internal BBH parties including financial, regulatory and tax reporting
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all tasks
- Acting as a point of contact for EU Controllers
- Providing support for internal and external audits
What We Value:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in finance industry, accounting, or audit background.
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience is an asset.
- Proven accounting, statutory reporting, tax and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer (MS Office) and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Polish is essential.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work accurately while meeting strict deadlines
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that encourages you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to diversify your skill set, take on different challenges, and reinvent yourself in new roles within the firm.
- An inclusive culture that inspires you to let your authentic personality and perspectives shine.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.