Legal Entity Controller (AVP) in Dubai
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Perform month end legal entity and tax reporting for three branches and two subsidiaries across Dubai, Doha and Riyadh. This will include reconciliation, analytical review and preparation of management packs to support regulatory returns
- Produce audited financial statements and assist with Pillar 3 Disclosure and ICAAP reports
- Perform monthly due diligence to ensure integrity of financial information:
- Month end bookings such as accruals and prepayments
- Booking and validating expense allocations, management recharges and transfer pricing
- Preparation of month end reconciliations and sign off in 3R?s for Balance Sheet, Net Revenues and Expenses
- Submit monthly/quarterly regulatory and tax returns
- Liaise with other internal groups including MENA COO, local infrastructure teams, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Product Controllers and Tax
- Support firmwide Legal Entity initiatives and any ad-hoc/regular regional management reporting requirements
Dubai Controllers are part of the MENA Finance team which has four controllers including the MENA Head of Finance in Dubai, one controller each in Saudi and Turkey. The Dubai team provides finance coverage across all MENA + Turkey legal entities and regional support to business units and Firm Management. The MENA team has a wide range of responsibilities covering legal entity control, regulatory and tax reporting, providing advisory services and management reporting to business units and Firm Management.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Strong, accounting/financial control, data-oriented, and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- An understanding of at least one of the following areas: month end close, expense management, cost allocations or financial regulatory reporting
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- University degree (BSc or BA) in accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- Postgraduate qualification: ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- 5-6 years of work experience in a related field
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.