Finance Assistant Manager - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
This position will report to the LAG Finance Manger supporting the London Audit Group, the audit stream’s biggest SBU in its financial matters.
The role will assist and support the Finance Manager in managing the financial performance of the group on strategic issues and on a day-to-day basis, as well as providing relevant support, advice and guidance to the overall team within the business unit on financial matters.
- Updating weekly and monthly reporting to provide meaningful MI to all LAG staff and in due course to reviewing and developing the reports over time.
- Working Capital Management for LAG – ensuring that bills, recoveries and cash collections are managed effectively and efficiently; challenging performance in these areas where required and agreeing appropriate action to take when issues arise.
- Taking a lead role in handling Workday queries that emanate from LAG staff
- Approving Accounts Payable Invoices for LAG and building a framework for monitoring of key expenditure lines
- Assisting with the quarterly forecast process for the group, this responsibility will grow with every iteration of the forecast
- Working with the Finance manager to streamline the forecast process using a new system to the firm, Adaptive planning.
- Monitoring performance against budget in conjunction with the finance manager and providing insight to trends with timely identification of causes of risks/problems with prompt suggestion for relevant actions, particularly including revenue, recoverability, staff utilisation, work in progress, debt.
- Managing a regular flow of tasks required to make the finance process run smoothly.
- Supporting the Finance Manager, Head of London Audit and Finance Partner to ensure there remains a consistent approach in the London Audit Sector groups and making suggestions for how processes and procedures can be improved.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with
- Commercially minded
- Capable of contributing to the strategic agenda with strong operational skills
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel
- Experience of using Microsoft PowerBI desirable but not essential
- Partnership experience desirable
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
BEHAVIOURS & ATTITUDE:
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, suppliers, partners and staff
- Ability to challenge current processes and implement efficiencies
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to work to deadlines and respond quickly
- Must be flexible and adaptive
- Strong team worker
- Enthusiastic / motivated / self-confident
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.