We have an exciting opportunity to join the BNY Mellon Internal Audit Team.
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg. This opportunity is for a Senior Auditor and will be based in Dublin.
- Participate in delivering complex and challenging audit assignments.
- Independently perform testing on audit engagements under the supervision of the project lead, with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Shadows and deputises for Senior Auditor II, in preparation for managing audit projects and conducting more complex audits.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review and write high quality audit observations
- Supporting the Senior Auditor II in writing the report.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders and participate in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Perform follow-up procedures on Internal Audit observations to ensure corrective actions have been appropriately implemented.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
Experience and knowledge:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in financial services or banking, within Third Line Internal Audit or Second Line Risk or Compliance Monitoring.
- Good understanding knowledge of audit methodologies.
- Working knowledge of UK and EU regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from the FCA/PRA /EBA.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience and have completed a recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA), but not essential.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency.
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, also with colleagues remotely.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.